Finding the Best Emergency Eye Care
Your vision is important. It's necessary to find an exceptional optometrist that can provide you with a variety of high-quality services. At Main Street Optometry in Northport NY, we provide excellent eye care and emergency eye care services. There are several important reasons why you should visit an optometrist when you're experiencing problems with your eyes.
When Should You Seek out Emergency Eye Care?
It's important to receive care for your eyes whenever a serious problem occurs. Waiting too long could potentially cause long-term damage and even lead to partial or complete vision loss. If you are experiencing any of the following, you should seek out emergency eye care immediately.
- You're experiencing a sudden and severe loss of vision.
- You're experiencing extreme pain in one or both eyes.
- Your pupils are not the same size.
- One or both of your eyes are bulging or protruding.
- One eye is not moving with the other eye.
What Not to Do if You Have an Eye Emergency
Whenever you're experiencing an eye emergency it may be tempting to try to fix the problem yourself. This, however, could potentially lead to more damage. Make sure not to do any of the following.
- Although it may temporarily feel better to rub your eyes, try not to rub or apply excessive pressure to the eyes.
- Don't apply any type of medications or ointments to your eye until they've been prescribed by a professional.
- Don't use any sharp objects such as tweezers to remove items from your eye.
- It's usually best not to remove foreign objects from your eye until you visit a medical professional since improper removal could cause more damage.
What Should You Look for in Eye Care?
You'll want an optometrist that provides comprehensive care and is experienced in treating a variety of eye conditions. Dry eye is a condition that nearly half of all Americans suffer from and something you or a family member is likely to experience at some point. You'll want to select a Northport optometrist that can treat this particular condition as well as providing vision exams. It's also important that your eye doctor accepts a variety of insurance and payment options.
Eye Care at Main Street Optometry
At Main Street Optometry we provide eye and vision exams, contact lens exams, and treat several types of eye conditions. We treat dry eye, low vision, and provide evaluations and post-operative care for Lasik Surgery. We provide a Northport optometrist team with the experience needed to successfully care for your eyes. Call Main Street Optometry at (631) 757-6190 to find out more about our exceptional eye care.